Ricky's Tip of the Month:
How often should I get my laundry equipment professionally serviced?
If your maintenance faculty performs daily and monthly services, a routine, once-a-year professional checkup should be enough to keep your laundry equipment in great condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for Our Customers
Superior customer service involves answering customer questions. Gain insight on owning and running commercial laundry equipment from the following FAQs:
I want to buy commercial laundry equipment. How do I decide which equipment is best for me?
A trained Jim Welsh, Inc. representative can help you choose the correct type and size of equipment for your business.
Why is it important to get service from factory-trained technicians?
Factory-trained technicians know how to find the problem and fix it right away. You save time and avoid costly repairs tied to a wrongly diagnosed problem. A correctly repaired machine is a safer and more efficient machine.
How long does it take to install commercial laundry equipment?
It depends on how many units are being installed. The average time for installing two machines is about 6 to 8 hours.
What maintenance can I do to keep my equipment in top form?
Follow these maintenance tips, courtesy of UniMac, to keep your machines in top shape!
- Check the door lock daily for proper operation.
- Inspect daily the water inlet valve hose connections on the back of the machine for leaks.
- Leave the loading door open at the end of each day to allow moisture to evaporate.
- Thoroughly clean the tumbler every year. Have an authorized service representative perform this maintenance.
- Clean the lint compartment and screen daily to maintain proper airflow and avoid overheating.
- Check cylinder daily for foreign objects to avoid damage to clothing and equipment.
- Remove lint and debris from inside the exhaust duct monthly to maintain proper airflow and avoid overheating.
- Leave the washer's lid open to allow the inside to dry out after use and to avoid musty smells.
- Check the filter screens in the fill hoses for debris or damage annually. Clean or replace them as needed.
- Check all hoses on a monthly for cracks, blisters or material wear. Immediately replace any hoses showing these signs.
- Thoroughly clean the dryer every year. Have an authorized service representative perform this maintenance.
- Clean the lint filter before drying each load. The lint filter may be washed if needed. Annually remove lint filter and screw to vacuum the duct under it.
- Inspect the exhaust duct for lint buildup after one year of service. Clean if necessary. Inspect every 1 to 2 years as required thereafter.
- Inspect the outside weather hood frequently to ensure dampers move freely and that nothing has been set against them.
- Inspect the area between the thermostat holder and the cylinder daily and clean area if debris is present.
- Inspect the thermostat holder daily and make sure it is touching the cylinder.
- After every 200 hours of operation, use clean hands to gently wipe any debris from the scrapers that guide the linen from the ironing cylinder into the output tray.
Fireman’s Gear Cabinets
- Keep area around the exhaust opening free from the accumulation of lint, dust and dirt.
- The interior of the gear cabinet and the exhaust duct should be cleaned periodically by qualified service personnel.
I think I can make a repair myself. How do I get parts?
Ordering from Jim Welsh, Inc. is easy. Call us at 225-766-8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to have your model and serial number of your machine handy so that we find the right part for you.
How do I know it’s time to call for professional service?
Most UniMac machines have a code to indicate the problem to a technician. If you would like to see whether it’s a problem you can fix yourself, call us, and we would be glad to help you.
What Can I do to Increase Efficiency in my On-Premise Laundry?
Efficiency is important. There are several ways to improve your bottom line and reduce waste (both financially and environmentally), and we'd love to talk to you about them. Here's a start: Learn more about UniLinc™ in this video below.
Have another question?
Contact the Jim Welsh team with your unique issue.